Weightless, an eight-minute track written by Marconi Union is being called the ‘most relaxing song ever’. In fact, studies have shown that the song is so effective at inducing sleep, motorists have been warned not to listen to it while driving. Why is it so relaxing? Science explains:
- After about five minutes your heart begins to match the beat.
- The harmonic levels create a feeling of euphoria and comfort.
- Your brain switches off because there is no repeating melody.
- The random chimes induce a deeper sense of relaxation.
- The low whooshing sounds and hums put you in a trance-like state.
The full story can be found here along with nine other relaxing songs.